01 December 2011

You can't call yourself a Pinoy if...


... you haven't made a "parol" or Christmas lantern in your life. I had to pop my hypertensive meds soon after I glued the last bit of paper on the darn thing, which just goes to show that one parol could, quite possibly, kill you.

My son Zach had to submit his parol project for school and being the good mother that I am, I helped him out not knowing the stress involved in making that teeny tiny harmless looking project.

If you want to try making one, make your life easier by buying a pre-fab frame. Zach and I wanted a Green lantern. So we cut up some pages from old magazines. For added pizzazz, we added silver tinsel boas (or whatever you call them). You can recycle your Christmas decors from previous years and stick 'em on your lantern if you want to be environment-friendly.

To share my stress, here's a video on how to make a Christmas lantern.

Good luck. Keep your Catapres on hand. Have a Merry Christmas!!



No comments: