06 January 2012

First Post for the Year 2012

Happiness + Prosperity in 2012!
This was my new year's greeting to everyone via FB, Twitter and SMS, my way of spreading holiday cheer and what have you.

I checked out my fate for the year 2012 and according to some Chinese wise men (i.e. Feng Shui experts), those born in the year of the rat will have good fortune in the year of the Dragon. Whupak! Haters back off, I shall own this and believe that this year will be fabulous for me.

I actually spent most of New Year's eve cooking in my parent's house. I made 2 kinds of pasta (one with pesto and another with meat sauce), baked 2 kinds of cake, made cream cheese icing, and made one dish for my Dad (Creamy Dory Parmesan Fillets). I don't have a picture of the food as we forgot the memory card of my hi-tech camera at home. So all we had to show for our exciting new year's eve celebration was a phone video footage where the only thing I could see was the lame flame coming from my bummed out sparklers. Nice.

The next day, I had the chance of taking a photo of the left-over chocolate cake. So here goes:


My daughter Ripley helped me with the icing, and although the cake doesn't look like a million bucks, believe me, it was delicious.

Here are also a few dishes I've whipped up since the new year that I wanted to document for future reference. My son calls some of my dishes "one-hit wonders" because I can't duplicate them after I've cooked them. I cook from the heart and whatever is in the refrigerator, and being a busy working mom, I don't have all day to write down recipes. At least, with these dishes holding residence in this blog, I can finally duplicate them by sight. Yahoo!


This is actually what I made as a side dish to my Parmesan Chicken with Coriander. It's good old eggplant and red bell pepper sauteed in olive oil and sprinkled with chili flakes. I dribbled some balsamic vinegar with olive oil to it and voila!


Here's my Parm Chicken. I pounded a few slices of chicken breasts, roughly sliced some coriander and mixed it with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Then I slathered the chicken slices with flour, dipped them in my egg mixture (1 beaten egg with a teaspoon of water), and dunked them in the bread crumb mixture. Of course, the next step is frying them in vegetable oil. Yum!

Tonight, we had Pork Sisig for dinner. It's made of pork cutlets, chili flakes, fresh sili (native chili pepper), green bell pepper, green beans, egg, and my secret sisig mixture. I then squeezed some lemon before serving. Sinful!


Yes, I had to double the dose of my hypertensive meds for this!

Hmm... this blog is turning out to be a food blog. But it's not. It's just that these days I'm obsessed with food. And losing weight.

Till next post! Happy eating!

No comments: