07 April 2012

Holy Week ruminations


My daughter Ripley's pc artwork titled "butterfly" -- a perfect image to post here for this holy week while reflecting on Christ's death and resurrection.

We have been cooped up in the house since Wednesday and this being Black Saturday, nothing has changed. Holy Week is a time for prayer and reflection for us Catholics, and I've been doing a bit of both while spending quality time with the kids. I've done a lot of cooking in spite of the fact that we should be fasting, this being Holy Week and all. My excuse is that I have kids and I can't feed them boiled eggs till Easter, right? So my apologies, but I had to make that garlic and lemon chicken with avocado and orange salad yesterday. Aside from cooking, I did a lot of cleaning as well, a tradition that I've been doing since college. Tomorrow, I guess I'm ready to get out of hibernation, have a nice Easter lunch somewhere or go to the beach.

In the meantime, I'm signing off. I'll be listing this day as one of those ho-hum days. But hey, who's complaining?

No comments: